Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Announcement

We are being audited.

I was soooooo looking forward to getting our tax return back because, as you know, we are poor people. Yesterday we received a delightful letter from the Australian Taxation Office telling us that our highly anticipated $$ won't arrive for a minimum of 12 weeks while they review our return. Seriously!!?? We have the easiest tax filing gig ever. We write down how much I make, the fact I have a dependent husband, and then they pay us. What's to audit?

Lame.

E.



2 comments:

  1. Oh boo! Just say no.... hahah

    I am still so surprised that Colin is done already! How is that possible. Steve and I have 2 years left, but we still can't believe that we've been here that long. And also like you the idea that we might soon be making money instead of just spending is sooooo good. I hope your audit finds that you need more money :) if not, you should become a humour column writer for your local paper/ blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last sunday I asked Colin if we could get pizza for dinner and used the reasoning that we'd probably be getting our refund on monday because our roommates had received theirs on the Friday. We were so disappointed when we got a letter instead. At least I got my pizza.

    I bet the next two years will just fly by for you guys now that you've hit the halfway mark. Is your program 2 more years also?

    ReplyDelete