Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Crash Boom Bang

Today was Colin's last day of class! He starts exams in 1 1/2 weeks and then his final practicum runs from November 7th until December 9th. He's so close to completing everything that it feels sort of surreal.

We're definitely planning on renewing our visa's and staying longer, probably until August 2012. Colin will apply for a skilled graduate visa and we'll go from there. Our roommates are leaving at the end of December for a 2 or 3 month trip then moving back to Canada/USA and we don't want to stay in this house anymore nor look for new roommates. The property is great but the owners haven't been speedy with repairs and it's been frustrating. Our friend Erin has a room for rent and she lives 5 minutes from our current place, so that's our plan for 2012.

It sucked being away from family & turkey for Thanksgiving. Last year we celebrated it but this year we were unorganized and lacked gusto. When I was driving home on Monday all of the cars started crashing in front of me and my little wagon managed to stop just in time, so I was thankful for that. I think the first car must have been cut off and hit the brakes, but sydney-siders drive too close and it resulted in a 4 car collision. The rest of the drive home was spent in a daze just thanking God.

I have an extra day off this week due to a funeral that my boss is attending. I think I'll bake a pie to honor the day off. The boys will be home, probably studying, so I'll stay out of the way.
I wish I had a dog to play with.

E.



No comments:

Post a Comment