Sunday, November 6, 2011

Summer time

Normalcy is slowly starting to return to our little home after a sad week. Colin finished his last exam Thursday and we celebrated Friday night at our favorite Thai place with our friend, and future roommate, Erin. Saturday we had a picnic at Coogee beach with Jenna & Willy and ran into a bunch of Colin's classmates, then we spent the afternoon lying in the sand with them. I was amazed that my first beach trip of the summer resulted in very minor sunburns; just a tiny bit on each shoulder. Colin went for a run later that night with his friend Jason. They're training for a half marathon on November 27th (happy birthday, Pete).

Today was an awful day heat wise. It was 30 with no wind and incredibly humid. After church we went grocery shopping to escape the outside air and it resulted in us buying a lot of goods from the frozen foods section. We skyped a bit and then made an incredible dinner. We ate baked stuffed potatoes, green beans, and pork roast. I made scones for dessert with raspberries and whipped cream. It was the first dinner I've made in months and I forgot how much work food can be. If you want the best pork loin roast in the world, use this super simple recipe:

It wasn't genius using the oven for two hours on such a hot day, but I didn't start cooking until 5 so it wasn't too bad.

Colin's final practicum starts Monday and runs for the next 5 weeks. He's been placed at Canterbury Hospital which is a 10ish km bike ride from our house. Neil, Anita & Aliza arrive here in 27 days and we're so excited to see them! I had forgot how painful summer here can be, hopefully I can acclimatize in the next month so I can seem tough.

E.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that it is starting to warm up over there, although it seems odd as it is just really starting to freeze here. I am also struggling to believe that Colin is finished !?!? How did that happen? Hope you guys are doing well- think of us as you enjoy the incoming summer.

    ReplyDelete