Starting out the long weekend was Thursday night; the night before Good Friday, which I’ve learned, has it’s own title: “BAD Thursday”. I’m not sure about the rest of Australia but in Sydney absolutely everything and I mean everything is closed on Good Friday. This seems to imply to everyone here that Thursday night is set aside to get ‘smashed’. Evelyn and I fell asleep after a relaxing evening together watching some TV and eating a nice meal. At 4:15 am I think our neighbors wanted our company because they commenced an uproar of vibrant action. Hurling words and laughter into the street waking up everyone to come join their party. If you didn’t want to get out of bed and walk over they didn’t mind they were more than able and willing to include you. My sweet adorable wife was quite intrigued with this uproar and decided to add to the melody accumulating in our street. She however wasn’t welcome even after all the invites because “Oooh she’s English” and I was prompt to call the police for the second time out here in Guilford, our lovely suburb of peace and harmony.
The rest of the long weekend was full of relaxation, cool shows, and excellent food. We went to an independent film competition Hillsong put on Sunday night, and where surrounded by thousands of people who hopefully truly know Jesus Christ. I go to that church and sometimes feel like I’m the crusty oldie wanting less change. It’s really amazing what they do in terms of a show they are talented! I just have Jon Foreman’s lyrics stuck in my head when I’m there:
Instead let there be a flood of justice
An endless procession of righteous living, living
Instead let there be a flood of justice
Instead of a show
Evelyn and I left there with some people from school and had some bbq. We shared a platter which had a piece of steak on it and a rack of succulent ribs mmmmm thinking about it now makes my stomach growl and my mouth water. It was Goooooood.
On Monday we hung out with some friends at Darling Harbour and enjoyed free entertainment! Hoopla was the name of the event and acrobatics dominated my attention. There were street entertainers all over and major shows which involved falling in magnificent style, fire and jokes. All in all a great weekend, oh yeah I also enjoyed my first drip coffee from Starbucks on Monday which reminded me of home, and you.
C.
No comments:
Post a Comment