Ahhhh work, how I loathe yet depend on you. Things just got complicated! So I was recently hired to work for a nearby dentist for 3 days a week for three months to cover vacations etc... I was happy to have a job close to home but I quickly realized that this place is terrible. All the girls that work there are wonderful but the office is dirty dirty and I don't like the boss. Lets just say they don't sterilize everything that they should be sterilizing including some very critical items. The neighborhood is pretty ghetto and every third patient has a blood disease. I swear I'm not exaggerating. I immediately voiced what I know is right and I was quickly disregarded because its not how "the boss wants it". So I've been in agony the last week working there with a huge ethical cloud hanging over my head.
Today I temped at an office that was so wonderful I literally couldn't stop smiling all day. Thank goodness for masks! It was hands down the best office I have ever worked at. The best dentists I've ever worked for. And the nicest staff I've ever met. At lunch time I found out that they were actually looking for someone and I didn't even care what they were offering for pay because I wanted to work there so badly. I explained my dilemma about how I was already committed to another office for three months but that I wasn't happy there. They called the temping agency after work and are in the process of sorting everything out. I'm going to my "other" work tomorrow but hopefully its the last day I'm there. This new job is currently only 3 (long) days a week, but it looks like a 4th day will be opening up in the very near future. Then I'll just have to temp one day a week. The new job is also a short bike ride away and......the pay is AMAZING! I thought I was making a lot with the temping agency and this job STARTS at $2 more an hour. I NEED for this to work out. I don't want a crappy short term job to screw over a permanent position at a lovely office.
Colin's birthday was a lot of fun. I got him a blue guitar! It has a fiberglass back and a blue wooden top. He's been antsy for a musical outlet so it was a pretty great present! When its not being used we have to hide it behind our couch in case somebody breaks in. We keep our laptop under the bed. And I have to be home (and constantly checking) if I have laundry drying outside so nobody runs off with our remaining towels! I cannot wait to move in 5 months haha. I don't know if I mentioned this but somebody tried to break in about a week ago. They damaged the patio door that leads into our bedroom. Thankfully they were unsuccessful opening it. Maybe they figured out that once they got through that door they still had one more to open. Suckers!
Well I am off to bed soon, I hope you are all enjoying your lives and employment. Or are able to find some joy in what you are doing.
“The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.”’
“So they shall put My name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them.” (Numbers 6: 24-27)
-E
No comments:
Post a Comment