So much has been happening lately, its been really busy. On Wednesday I temped at an office downtown and had some water/saliva splash in my eye from a patient with a giant cold sore on his lip. I was so worried that I ended up with a huge headache and puked the evening away. The worst part was not having Canada Dry Gingerale. They had Premium crackers though and they were deeeeelicious. Colin just got over a cold and then passed it along to our roomates, so its been a sick little household. Then I worked at an office on Friday and on my way there I tried to jump on a bus that was prepaid only. I didn’t know that so I didn’t buy a friggen prepaid ticket. I pleaded with the bus driver, I begged the bus driver, I was going to be late if I wasn’t on THIS bus and I didn’t know any other way to get there. He told me to get off and try the bus behind him. This delightful human being closed the doors in my face and left me stranded. I did end up making it there (a little late) but it cost me a $16 bus pass and a few tears. If I had known what a pleasant person the dentist was going to be that day I would have saved myself the trouble and just stayed home.
We got a package on the weekend which was so awesome! Pete, Jenna, Søren and Karl sent us lots of cool gifts. They gave Colin a super nice and expensive stethoscope, some Tim Hortons roll up the win cups (unrolled!), sunglasses, home made cookies that still tasted great, tea towels, tank tops, pictures of the boys, a work of art created by Søren, and some garden seeds. The Australian Government opened our package first and quarantined some of the seeds. They will be destroyed in 30 days….poor seeds. Never had a chance. They also sent us 6 boxes of Original Crest Toothpaste because they don’t sell it here and its my favorite toothpaste.
Today was the first day at my new 3 day a week job and I biked there which was fantastic. Its perfect, downhill there and uphill on the way home. When Colin was biking home from school he popped his 3rd back tire in 4 weeks! I think we're going to have to take his bike back to where we bought it and ask "What the heck?" Colin thinks he might need to buy a better pump to get it up to a higher pressure and also a better tire.
On Saturday we went to Bondi beach again (its so beautiful) and then we walked to Coogee beach. I had been told it was a half hour walk. It wasn't. We had a fun day though! When we arrived everyone celebrated with $0.50 McDonalds ice cream. Later that night we went to a concert and saw this AMAZING young guy. His name is Kim Churchill and he's only 18 but he sounds a little like Xavier Rudd and that kid from August Rush. He's pretty cool live, he sings, plays guitar, harmonica, bass drum and a tambourine/high hat setup, AT THE SAME TIME! I couldn't believe it watching him.
Colin's birthday is Sunday so please send money, but make sure you address it to me so I can delegate it properly. muahahaha. Just kidding. About the second part. Wish you were here!
E
Please tell me you didn't actually get eye herpes? Is that even possible?
ReplyDeleteIt only happened a week ago so hopefully nothing turns up in the future. My teacher told me a story about it happening to a hygienist she knows. Her eye scabs over occasionally. The dentist said that the cold sore probably wasn't in a contagious state because it was scabby. I prayed a lot so hopefully my eyes are okay.
ReplyDeleteHooray I found your blog! And love it! Although I have to say that I'm alarmed about the state of Australian public transit. $16? For that kind of money, someone should be carrying you on their back.
ReplyDeleteEv- you make me laugh so hard! I think you should become a professional blogger. - Steve and I continue to enjoy the updates from both of you and I hope you keep them coming.
ReplyDeleteIt is also comforting to know that I am not the only one that thinks that moving away for school is not always what it's cracked up to be, especially when you aren't the one going to school. <3