Friday, April 1, 2011

Toasty and Chilly

I'm currently smelling burnt toast. Not just any burnt toast, toast that ignited in our sketchy toaster oven. That's the 3rd time that thing has lit on fire in the last month. My vote is always for getting rid of it but I'm outnumbered. Alas, I will try not to breath for the evening.

Camping last weekend was SO COLD! The beach was lovely but our campground wasn't as nice as the last one. I didn't even go in the water it was so chilly but Colin's hard core. In this picture, I'm wearing all the clothes I brought with me on our camping trip.


My friend Jenna did the same.
Monday was Colin's birthday and I made him his favorite cake: Carrot. Except now that we don't live with lots of family, I made his cake into cupcakes so he could easily bring them to school the next day and none would go to waste. 1/4 of our spices are just in bags and some even unlabeled, I guess just because Colin knows what's what. When I was about to add 3 Tbsp of cinnamon to Colin's cake batter, I decided at the last minute to taste the spice and confirm that it was actually cinnamon, even though the bag reeked of it. Turns out, it was actually a dull colored chili powder that had been sitting beside the very pungent bag of cinnamon in the cupboard. Yikes.

My boss went to a course today, so there was only 1 dentist working and it was sooooo slow. I decided to clean the 2nd room that wasn't being used. I took everything off the shelves to dust, wrapped up excessively long cords with elastics, and organized drawers. It was beautiful. When I had finished, the only thing left to do was wash the floors. Just as I was about to start mopping, I knocked over my bucket of soapy water. I quickly started mopping it all up and squeezed it back into the bucket. After several minutes the situation was under control and the floor looked stunning! I walked past one of my coworkers with the mop and bucket and made a comment about my water accident. She started laughing and told me that she had just assumed that's how we wash floors in Canada. I don't think she was joking.

Representing in Australia,
E.

p.s- no bond money has been returned. we have decided to pursue a bit further just to see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing... I always love reading your posts Eve! Funny how things are just starting to warm up over here and you've just entered jacket season over there! I still can't believe you guys get to camp all the time... must be nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of you and colin on the beach makes me laugh so hard! I feel this is also true for steve and I. Seriously what is wrong with them!!! I must say, like the comment above, I am amazed at how much camping you guys have been able to do. How fun!! camping is the best- although better when you aren't freezing your butt off :)

    ReplyDelete