We spent Friday night last week camping on Cockatoo Island, which is the largest island in Sydney Harbor and used to be a prison, then they had the convicts build a dock and it became a shipyard. Now it's more like an outdoor museum and campground. The facilities are super duper and there's even a little cafe on the island which is open from 8-5. I reeeeally like cockatoo island and can't wait to go back. It would be the coolest place to get married, you could have a camping wedding weekend there, it's just so beautiful. Lots of neat places to take pictures with all the empty warehouses & buildings. There are even old heritage homes that you can rent if you don't want to sleep in a tent.
This is just a small portion of the campground:
Our house is currently under the invasion of large furry caterpillars. I'm guessing they're checking out our digs to see if we're butterfly (or moth?) worthy. For the longest time I couldn't bring myself to kill them, so I'd just put it outside or ask Colin to do it, but last night as I observed one crawling on a wall, I grabbed one of the boys giant basketball shoes, and squashed it. And it was messy. I just don't care anymore, they're EVERYWHERE. I HATE CATERPILLARS!!
Lastly, Colin started his practicum on Monday and loves it. He's in a private clinic in Liverpool which is a 20ish minute drive from my work, so Colin, Drew and I leave at 7am, briefly stopping on the way to pick up another girl in their program, Anne-Lise, who waits for us on the side of the road, and then they drop me off at work and continue on their way to Liverpool. It's great! Our end of day times don't coincide too nicely though, and so far I've been getting rides home from my boss who lives 2 blocks from us. When I asked Colin what his supervisor is like, he said that he's a super nice guy that looks more like a well-fed pastor than a physio. On Tuesday Colin came home and said that it turns out the guy is also a pastor. Too funny.
E.
This is our friend's daughter: Ebony. She enjoyed playing with Colin very much!



That place still kinda looks like a prison camp.. :) but super cool for wedding photos! love the diver statue thing! and that little girls is soooo adorable... still can't believe that I've got one of them! Love the physio-pastor situation. too funny is right.
ReplyDelete