My first practicum placement has been processed and decided. I’ll be working in a private clinic for five weeks learning the ins and outs of musculoskeletal care. This clinic pays particular attention to hands, feet and the spinal cord. I was really lucky in the allocation as there where only two private clinics available. Now I feel extremely motivated to get back at the books, study, and prepare for live practice.
Drew got a placement in the same area as me. He’s at the main hospital right up the street. We’ll be able to car pool or enjoy the train ride down there each morning. It’s always more fun sharing experiences with others.
This week for me has great potential. I’m trying to write a song, thanks to the encouragement of my friend Stacy who’s also working on one. Eve and I were introduced to a sweet bookstore where we proceeded to buy too many books, so I have a lot of great reading ahead of me. My other roommate Mike has his cousin visiting him right now. Hopefully we’ll be able to hang out, he’s a great guy. Lastly I bought this cd by Gungor called Beautiful things. It’s musically brilliant and lyrically worship. It boosts my joy level.
C.
hi Colin- it's Drew's mom - can you send me the name of the hospital Drew will be in -just curious to see it on a map. Congrats on the placements!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much
mcleslie41@gmail.com
Sweet! I got a shout out! :-)
ReplyDelete