Colin and I are currently experiencing a situation where we don't know what to do. We're frustrated and stressed out. I obsess about it and make myself sick. It feels like a prison of sorts because it has the potential to last for another 11 months.
Paul goes on to say:
"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you...For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him."
I'm trying not to have a pity party over here but I'm having a week where I just want this year to quickly finish so we can come home. I know it's only a prison if I look at it like it is. And I need to redefine my current definition of freedom, because at the moment it's, "when life is easy" and that's just not realistic nor will I ever feel free.
E
Sorry to hear that this week is sucking the big one Ev!
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing worse than not feeling in control of where/what/when/why you do.
A big hug from Toronto and a fellow traveler of a similar journey.
*Hugs*, It's so hard to focus on God when things are hard, isn't it? Praying things get better.
ReplyDelete(and I don't want the next 11 months to go too quickly cos we'll miss you!)