Our weekends have been filled with many hours of house searching. We’ve filled out a couple of applications but have no idea how people are chosen, which is sort of frustrating. I asked a real estate agency and was told that they just run all the applicants background checks, then give all the information to the owner of the property, and he/she chooses you. I sort of feel like a puppy at the pound waiting for someone to find me worthy, or maybe I’m the deflated old dog that doesn’t even catch your eye when you walk by. I don’t know! We’ll probably have to move to a shady hotel in a week but I’m okay with that as long as it’s just temporary. Last night I counted how many times I’ve moved and the number is 11 in the last 7 years, not including 3 summers of camp, living out of a Rubbermaid and in a barn. That’s a lot of effort spent moving stuff around. I look forward to the day we stay in one place for a while.
Work has been going well but one of our staff has left to take care of a terminally ill aunt and will be gone until the end. Everyone has been covering her shifts and I’ve been getting more hours than I know what to do with. My days are usually 7-7 and I’m super appreciative for the time, especially because I like my job and it doesn’t feel like 12 hours when I’m there. Yesterday one of my coworkers used “crikey” in a real sentence, and I almost peed my pants I was so happy. It was my first Australian crikey.
Last weekend we went to The Argyle for a birthday party, and it was the most beautiful bar I’ve ever been to. I want to design a house that looks just like it. I didn’t bring a camera but here is a glimpse of how awesome this one small section of it is. Please note: Hanging glass booth in center where DJ does his thing. I'll try and get a picture of the bathroom area, I know the Canadians were taking pictures of it. We're a classy bunch.
E.

Good luck on the house hunt. Sometimes the best places are found at the last minute.
ReplyDeletet-minus 8 days until steve comes home. I am so excited I might explode.
You were totally right! The last minute came, and it was goooooooood. I can't believe how fast your summer went by! I feel like just yesterday you told me that Steve was BC bound for the summer. Though I'm sure it didn't feel that way to you! Have you started your welcome home, Steve sign?
ReplyDelete