
Here's a picture of the little elephant that was born in Sydney's Taronga Zoo a few days ago. They thought the calf was dead because his mom had been in labor for too many days but then SUPRISE! He's alive! He's still pretty weak and they call him "Mr.Shuffles" because he walks like a little old man. I can't wait to go and meet him! We haven't been to the zoo here yet but its on the metaphorical 'to do' list.
I woke up on the right side of the bed this morning. Actually, kind of in the middle of the bed because I'm a mattress hog. It was 7:30 and no phone call. I lay in bed praying that my phone won't ring. It was sunny out, I had had a great sleep the night before, and it was Friday. Colin only has 1 class on Friday, its the BEST! Its now 10:06 and nobody has phoned me yet. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy earning money, I just didn't want to earn any today! I've been working with a great dentist the last couple of days, and have three more days with her next week BUT yesterday I accidently busted her high tech chair and we had to cancel the last patient and I got to go home at 4:30. I was excited to leave early but under different circumstances would have been ideal. Hopefully it was fixed this morning. Dental chairs can be touchy and SOMEHOW I managed to do something to make water spray everywhere. The dentist was really nice and said that they have had to get the technician in a few times now. I'm going to have to bake apology cookies this weekend!
She also told me that the temping agency charges an insane price for placing someone in a permanent position. They figure out what I'll make working for my employer in 1 year and then charge 8% of that amount as their fee.
A) Nobody is going to want to hire me,
and B) IF I do get hired, they aren't going to want to pay me as much.
Its a loose loose situation. The full time job I thought I had turned out to be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday until July. At first I was pretty disappointed but I've decided I'm going to be grateful for it. Its close to home and now I'm in charge of Mondays and Fridays. Its such a large staff too that maybe people will decide they don't want to work as many Mondays/Fridays/Saturdays and I'll get them. We'll see.
I've been a little on and off sad lately. I guess I thought I was moving to the beach haha. I forgot about the practical stuff that takes time. This morning I read Isaiah 41 and its so great.
41:8-10 "But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." You can read the entire chapter here:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2041&version=NIV
Colin and I have been watching "So you think you can dance Australia" and I must confess that I am very into it. If you've never seen any version of the show, the competing dancers are put into partners each week and get a certain style of dance to perform plus a choreographer that teaches them a routine. The bottom couple get kicked off each week. I have a favorite couple: Robbie and Ivy. They are UNREAL. Here's what they did on Wednesday:
http://dance.ten.com.au/video.htm
Select "Performances/Recaps" on the right hand side.
Then select "Top 14"
Then select "Wednesday Performance"
And scroll down to the 6th one - Robbie and Ivy.
The song is Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap which is a fabulous tune.
Watch it and be amazed, its incredible. Sorry, I had trouble posting the links, you'll have to copy and paste. You can do this mom and dad!
I'm going to go hang some laundry while you all watch it.
-E
No comments:
Post a Comment