Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Countdown

One week today we fly home. Our last day of work was yesterday and we had a little pizza party afterwards. I felt so sad saying goodbye to my boss, I know that I'll never have a kinder employer.

Tomorrow morning we're going to visit our friends Danny & Jen down in Orange and spend the next two days with them. We basically haven't sold anything yet with the exception of Colin's surfboard and our desk, and I'm starting to feel panicky about everything else. I don't care about the money as much as just getting rid of it. It'd be nice to make some $$ on the car and the bikes but at this point I just want someone to offer us anything! Hopefully this weekend we'll be able to get rid of it all, and if not then we'll just have to make a trip to the nearest thrift store. Last night we advertised our car on a website that you have to actually pay a fee to do so, so hopefully that'll score us a sell.

I managed to purchase direct flights to Vancouver which I'm incredibly happy about. Every time we've flown Sydney-Vancouver its been a 22 hour flight through LA or San Fran but this time it'll be a meager 14! Its still a crazy amount of time to sit but there will be no complaints from me this time around.

A couple of weekends ago we went up to Brisbane to visit Neil, Anita & Aliza one last time. Its crazy to think that our time has ended here and theirs has just begun. We had a fun visit and were extremely happy that we went. We've been here 2 1/2 years and I still hadn't held a Koala, so we went to a Koala park in Brisbane called Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and Colin and I got a picture. I wanted to make Christmas cards this year and specifically wanted a photo for that purpose. It was a special 60 seconds as Rodney's koala paws gripped onto my shoulders and it went by all too fast with nothing but a smelly shirt and photo to remind me of the beautiful moment we shared.

E.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Aussie fire sale. I hope your big items go. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. Can't believe you guys are on the last few days of Aussie time. Enjoy it and have a very safe and fast flight home. Vancouver is trying very hard to get ready for you by having some (actually) warm-to-hot temps. Good luck with the sales and let us know how the transition home goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so... is there going to be a Canadian saga to this blog? :D .....Por Favor?
    N

    ReplyDelete