Monday, April 23, 2012

My pet spider

Colin recently started working another job on the side as a physio for an AFL team. He's only had 1 practice and 2 games so far but he already loves it. Saturday was his first game and it was down in Wollongong which is a little over an hour south of Sydney. I went with him and read a book while occasionally looking up to watch, and was even asked to look at a players tooth. After dinner we began the long journey home and discovered that somehow during our travels we had accumulated an unwanted passenger running around the hood and front window of our car. If you're not familiar with the Australian huntsman, here is what you're missing out on:
I thought that once we got home it would relocate to a nice tree somewhere or perhaps a neighbors apartment, but while I was driving Colin to gymnastics tonight it decided to make another appearance. Fortunately its still on the outside of our car. Colin saw it before me and said, "I want you to consider the safety of the other passenger in the vehicle. " I managed to safely get to our destination but Colin couldn't find it once we got there. I've been living in fear for the past 3 days waiting for him to figure out how to get inside our car, and I don't think we'll be able to get rid of him without force. Whenever I need to get in or out of the car I get everything ready in my arms then make a mad bolt so he doesn't have time to get inside. Though I doubt he's lingering around waiting for me.

We've had a fun couple of weeks lately. Neil, Anita & Aliza came down for a visit and we went on two camping trips with them. I'd really like to put together a little video of it since its a convenient visual aid of our fun. Plus I like making videos. We had such a great time with them and we wished that we could live closer together. 

I have to pick Colin up in an hour and I'm actually scared to drive. I've psyched myself out looking for spider pictures to post. 

E.

3 comments:

  1. OK, seriously?! That thing is devastating! *shudder*
    Please tell me it's gone by now? Please?

    On a less heebee-jeebee note, SO cool about Colin's new job! Sounds like an awesome opportunity. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha there's a big crooked smile on my face picturing the two of you freaking out about that spider :D
    looking forward to your video!!! do it!!! We really love the videos you make by the way.
    not sure when I'm gonna get around to editing photos from that trip.

    ps I thought that was a picture of colin holding said spider... I was VERY impressed - before I really thought about it :)

    I had some baby huntsman spiders get away from me while cleaning out our garage when we first moved... I've been waiting for them to reappear ever since... I am always on the lookout in our garage.

    N

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete