Thursday, January 20, 2011

I love the Beach

The last two days for me have been beach days. It’s a lot of work to get out to the beach. The first thing that needs to be done is beach investigation. I go to this website and look at the conditions, swell report, and watch live cams before I decide which beach to venture out to. It’s pretty much a waste of time because the three beaches I know how to get to are so close the report for one is as good as the other.


Evelyn had yesterday off so she pushed me out the door cause the sun was out. Time wise we managed quite nicely and arrived at Bondi in about 45 minutes. We then found a parking spot right outside a little café on a back street and enjoyed a nice brunch. About half way through we noticed more people piling into the little café, this made us content that our choice was popular so enjoyed the food just that much more. I however looked out past the crowd of people ordering coffee and thought again about the sudden cram as rain trickled off our car, pooling with the rest of its friends on the street.


We found a new parking spot that allowed 2hrs of parking, for the price of a meal, geared up and tromped off to the desolate beach. Besides surfers, the beach, which is frequented by 35,000 people on a nice day, was bare. We made our way into the water, warm and wavy. The rain came down and was enjoyed by those who sat out on their boards floating in the waves of the sea. Today is beautiful and I’m sure Evelyn is wishing Wednesday was Thursday this week as I am right now.


C.

No comments:

Post a Comment