Our roommates Mike and Drew got back last night from an extensive tour of New Zealand. I’m pretty sure they took off on Jan. 5th and I know they got back on the 27th. We hung out last night in the living room, ambient fans swirling in the background, as they retold stories. Apparently, Milford Sound, and Queenstown, where highlights of their trip. In Milford Sound they found a glacier fed stream, with a nice looking cliff to jump off of. One by one each of the guys (5) jumped into the icy cold water. As Drew was climbing up for a second jump he looked up to see Mike take one too many steps, planting his bare foot on some loose gravel. His foot slipped out and he plummeted down, thinking to himself "this is it", he flailed sideways down to the water, landing on his side. He came up to the surface with a relieved gasp and extended two thumbs on upheld arms, to the on looking panicked faces. I’m glad he’s ok and here to tell the story, as is everyone else, who loves Mike.
I just got word from my sister that my parents are off! I’m in an uproar of excitement for their arrival. It’s a different experience knowing someone’s in route to visit you, but won’t be here for another day. Evelyn and I still have one more night in our room, before we move back out to our tent in the garage. I’ve planned out the trip and I know they’re in for a great time here in Sydney. They probably won’t want to leave just like our last visitors. It’s just that nice.
C.
Your parents are visiting! That's SO exciting! Have a blast, you guys. We miss you!!
ReplyDeleteHello, my name is Sabine. Somehow I stumbled upon your blog and learned that you are from Canada (BC?) and are here in Sydney for two years. I am from Canada also, I think I might know some of Colin's family. I went to Trinity Lutheran Church in North Delta, BC as a child. My husband and I live in Surrey and are here in Sydney for a year because my husband is on a project for work. It is a pleasant surprise to find your blog (I love the name of it) and to know that there are some fellow Canadians near by experiencing some of the same things we are. Sabine
ReplyDeleteSabine, I think you definitely know my family. My Grandpa used to work there and most of my Dad's family went to Trinity. It's been some experience moving over here. I'd love to meet up sometime. send me an e-mail at colin_kroeger@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteC.