Since being in Australia, I haven't seen too many gigantic spiders, and the ones I have seen haven't been in my home. Since we've moved into this house I've had a reoccurring daydream where I walk into a room and there's a spider so big that he can talk. He invites me in and talks like a creepy 65 year old blues singer. It's incredibly frightening. He also looks sort of like he could be a puppet on Sesame Street. Every time I have the daydream I am reminded that I need to start blocking off many of our nooks and crannies, but I just never seem to get around to it.
Colin and I were supposed to be refunded our damage deposit back from our old landlord yesterday but have yet to see it in our account. Something tells me we're going to have problems with him. I just wrote him a firm email conveying our disappointment in his tardiness (don't worry, I didn't use the word 'tardy') and I'm hoping it'll be a real zinger. I'll be holding my breath!
E.
No comments:
Post a Comment